Selecting the best siding for your home can be an intimidating decision. The right siding not only protects your home against the great outdoors but it can make or break the aesthetic you are trying to achieve. Siding is essentially the first line of defense against any uncontrollable weather that Winnipeg may throw your way. Therefore you want to select a siding that is fit for Winnipeg’s climate, right for your budget, and that suits the aesthetic you want to achieve.
Below are some perfect siding options for you to consider.
Vinyl siding is:
- Highly durable.
- Long lasting.
- Needs little maintenance.
- No rusting, rotting or warping.
- A wonderful insulator.
- Comes with UV protection.
Vinyl siding has a range of choices, colours, different trims, and styles that can make your home all your own.
KWP Wood Siding
A lot of homeowners love the rustic look that wood offers and KWP wood siding incorporates this ideal with a few upgrades, as it is a composite material that is stronger than natural wood. KWP is made to withstand moisture and is very eco-friendly.
- 100% Recycled wood
- FSC certified & eligible for LEED points
- Superior design allows for all nails to be hidden
- Tru-AlignTM interlock system ensures precise horizontal alignment
- Heavy duty 1/2” thickness – 30% thicker than competitive sidings
- Resists termite damage and will not rot, crack or split
- Contains 100% Recycled Post-Industrial Content
- Is ECC certified engineered wood core
- ULEF wood core – exceeds CARB2 standards
- Meets Class E1 emission norms
- Engineered wood core has an emission level according to ASTM E-1333 less than 0.01 ppm
- Is FSC certified (FSC C01700)
- Factory painted which eliminates on site painting
- Extremely light.
- Easy to install.
- Variety of patterns, colors and textures.
What is the best option for you as the homeowner? Winnipeg’s drastic change in temperature requires a product that can withstand the elements but that is not the only thing to consider. As a homeowner you want a style and color that matches your personality and will enhance your home. Do some research, look at the options and styles available and if you would like some advice Green Brand can help you find exactly what you need.